- 1/2 cup coconut or cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2½ cups pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup crushed pinrapple, drained
- Blend until smooth nuts, water, lemon juice, sweetner, vanilla, lemon extract, salt and cornstarch.
- Add juice and pour into saucepan.
- Lightly boil 5-10 minutes, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in well drained, crushed pineapple.
- Pour into baked pie shell and chill or serve in custard dishes.
- Sprinkle coconut on top or serve with healthy whipped topping.