- 1 c. organic peanut or almond butter
- 3 c. non-dairy, barley malt sweetened carob chips
- Spread nut butter in crock pot.
- Sprinkle carob chips on top and heat for about 45 minutes on low.
- Stir when carob is shiny and beginning to melt.
- Stir several times until the chips become smooth.
- Drop mixture by spoonful on waxed paper covered cookie sheet or candy molds.
- Refrigerate or freeze to harden.
NOTE: Melting the carob is the tricky part of this recipe. In lieu of the crock pot I run the carob chips through my Champion Juicer for a smoother consistency.
- Add 1 cup unsweetened coconut OR
- 3 cups Rice Krispies®