Based on a recipe from Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn, this is a hearty, satisfying waffle. It makes a good pancake too!
- 2 c. spelt flour
- 2 c. oat flour
- 2 T. baking powder
- 4 T. ground flax seed meal
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3½ c. soy milk
- 4 T. applesauce
- 2 T. honey or agave nectar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 c. blueberries
- Whisk flours, baking powder, flax seed meal and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.
- Stir batter until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Fold in blueberries (or use as topping.)
- Cook 4-6 minutes depending on your waffle iron.